After a conclusive 2019 edition, the organization, in direct relation with the prefecture, the communes and the services of the department have made some modifications to the course.
We explain why!
A loop through Marsannay-la-Côte and Gevrey-Chambertin.
This loop allows skaters to make a round trip from the Allées du Parc de Dijon, without crossing each other, especially in the villages on the Route des Grands Crus will be brought forward this year from Marsannay-la-Côte to the 7th km.
- allow to limit the use of the national road (RD974) and limit the impact of the race on traffic.
- To enlarge the loop and thus advance the return and disqualification point to allow as many people as possible to take part. That is to say, you will have to be at the 7th km before 3.02 pm, i.e. 30 min after the start.
- propose a checkpoint and disqualification point at 15h38 at the 14th km in Gevrey-Chambertin with a solution of return by rollerblading on Dijon, without getting on the broom bus, via the return circuit and thus complete 28km (at that time without classification).
The very romantic aspect of this new section, all surrounded by vineyards, should not distract you. It includes a few bends, islands, a small roundabout and two sections (400m then 200m) of curved surface. But some parts have just been redone, a real billiard table!
Full road book coming soon.
A modified Vougeot passage.
The 42km passage to Vougeot will be done by an alternative road which, via the RD974, will directly join the Chambolle-Musigny ascent without passing through the centre of Vougeot.
The advantages :
- freeing the start of the half-marathon (which remains identical to 2019)
- modify and simplify the passage of the 42km in Vougeot.
A portion of this new passage has just been asphalted. Impeccable surface but very narrow on 500m, on a hill.
Race times modified.
You can consult the new table of race times which includes these small modifications.
The maximum running time for the Marathon remains the same as 2019, i.e. 3 hours.
With an advanced start at 15:15, the maximum running time of the half marathon is extended to 2h15.
You will find the road-book on line in April, it will be important to take a look at it!
Link to the STARVA plan: https://www.strava.com/routes/18902280
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)